Bunion Treatment & Relief
Similar to many foot problems, bunions are usually caused by heredity. Poorly fitting shoes can also cause them.
A simple bunion is the formation of new bone around the head of the bone behind your big toe. In more severe cases, the bone behind your big toe also moves out of its normal position causing your foot to get wider, and at the same time, the big toe moves in the opposite direction and begins to press on, and even move under, the toe next to it. Bunions cause an arthritis in the big toe joint.
Professional treatment begins with taking your history, an examination, X-rays, and is followed by a treatment plan.
- Prescription pain reliever
- Medication to reduce swelling
- Custom shoe inserts (orthotics)
- Specially designed shoes
- Bunion Surgery
If you have a bunion, or suffer from bunion pain,
don’t hesitate, call Family Foot Center at 718-767-5555.
- Foot Pain Treatment
- Foot Infections
- Podiatrist Services Near Me
- Home Two
- Ingrown Toenails
- Heel Pain & Arch Pain
- Foot Warts
- Corns & Calluses
- Fungus & Dry-Itchy Feet
- Sprained Ankles, Broken Foot & Toe Bones
- Bunion Surgery & Treatment
- Diabetes and Feet
- Fungus Toenails
Why Choose Us?
- Board Certified: ABPM (American Board of Podiatric Medicine)
- Board Certified: ABMSP (American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry)
- Fellow, American College of Foot Orthopedists
- Adjunct Staff, Midwestern Regional Medical Center Residency Program